Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here is how Dish Network finished our relationship

After 9 years of paying on time and seeing the best programs go to new customers, here is what happened at the end.

Objective 1: I wanted to lower our bill and not loose programming if possible.
Objective 2: Keep the relationship with DishNetwork
Objective 3: Perhaps upgrade to Hi Def TV in the process

I wrote in to Dish Network an email asking these questions. Instead of treating me like a customer, I was treated like a "number" and was given a link to see if we qualify for any discounts. THE LINK WAS WRONG.

I then sent that information to Charlie (CEO of DishNetwork) and heard nothing for 3 weeks.

I then contacted Directv and made other arrangements which covered our objectives except #2. When I wrote in to cancel Dish Network, it was really nothing to them to loose me. They did not act like it mattered. Even the follow-up phone call a few days later indicated the same.

Lastly, I received an email saying that I have to return the equipment AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT'S RETURN! Wow...I cannot think of poorer customer service. We spent of $5,000 in the last 9 years and your company can't pay for the return of your equipment.

It's a wonder that you can stay in business. I do customer service as part of my work. I would loose my job if I did what you did! Hope you read this, which you probably don't. I even posted on Twitter and Facebook to see if you have anyone looking. Probably not since on one commented.

No comments: