Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Look me in the eye!

Have you noticed that when people are hurting and asking for something, they typically don't make eye contact? Are they embarrased or humiliated? YES!

Can you place yourself into a situation where you had to ask for everything? It's difficult to imagine.

I bring this up because an interesting story happened in Acts 3 (from the Bible).

Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

If you are going to try and help people, it simply requires you LOOK PEOPLE IN THE EYE! I am going to try and make it my goal to act this way. Would you join me?

No comments: