Friday, October 24, 2008

Politcally speaking

Do you ever feel like our "representative" government does not really represent the people as it should? I wonder sometimes and most recently during the first rounds of proposed $700 billion dollar bailout. Overwhelmingly the people of America were not in favor of the bailout and our representatives listened...they passed it anyway. Humm!!!

I believe that something had to be done, but giving money away like that was not my idea of helping. Perhaps I believe too much in taking responsibility for actions (ie, the companies who were failing, etc) or someone having the guts to take a stand and provide some "parental" direction as if the country were a child. Some days I just wish that we could be conservative in our approach and finances, but liberal in our dealings with people.

See you soon.

No comments: