Thursday, December 10, 2009

Moved by God

I was recently at a Conference for camp professionals. The final session had a speaker/pastor from Memphis, TN. He rocked my world and God reminded me to consider the poor, widows and orphans.

Brian Loritts spoke from Jesus' final sermon and challenged all of us to consider that "when we help the least of these, we are doing the same unto Jesus". This was not a holidays challenge, but rather a normal part of life and a reflection of my own faith.

As a family, we are beginning to discuss what God would have us do to help by using the "margins" in our budget, time and life. I will keep you posted about what we are doing.

Interesting side note: During the time of Jesus, land owners would harvest all but the margins of their fields and if anyone hungry needed the food, the could go out to the field and help themselves. The system worked by the generosity of people and the effort by the "hungry" to get the food.

No comments: