Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How times change

Today at camp we will formally say goodbye to some staff members. Matt is going into the Navy and Jenn is relocating to Oregon. Going through this process makes me think about the past and all that we have come through together.

One thing that seems to be true about God is that He changes people. He has this way of helping people travel through life and grow in that process. Did Matt think that after his time here that he would be going into the Navy? Did Jenn ever imagine not working at a camp? I don't know, but I know that over time people change, grow and often get better.

While I am sad that these friends are moving on, I know it's for the best! I am better today than when I began this work at camp 8 years ago! Time moves on and I can embrace it for the good change that God desires...today, that will be my attitude.

No comments: