Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Managing the differences

My mind has been consumed with the differences I see in my world.
*We have political differences that differ from political parties too conservative & liberal.
*We have cultural differences such as the practices that immigrants bring to America from their home country or even how people live in different regions in America.
*We have differences in religions and even down into Christianity, there are vast differences in theology and practice.

So, my thoughts revolve around managing life through all these differences. In my work, we operate on concensus and use these differences to make the best decisions we can given all the information we have. If we gather new information we may change our minds, but we work to listening and understanding to move forward. This can work, but only if people are willing to seek understanding and be flexible.

So over the next few days I will be unpacking some of these concepts and seeking your input to learn and share together. Perhaps we can become better people, a better nation and for me, a better follower of Jesus Christ!

Looking forward to the dialogue

No comments: