Monday, August 2, 2010

Seeing something new in something old

I went on a mountain bike ride this morning. It was overcast and I was riding alone. I put on some music and started up the hill. Just before I reach the top there is a great view of Granite Mountain. I have seen it hundreds of times from this location and it's always amazing.

This morning however, it had begun to rain and the clouds were hanging lower than normal. I was equal to the clouds riding in the rain and Granite Mtn. Well, it was shrouded in dense fog and was the most beautiful way I have seen it. Funny how we can see something many times and if we look again, we can discover something new to appreciate.

Perhaps that's why the Bible seems to unfold before our eyes, at times, like we have never read it before. Perhaps it's why your spouse is some amazing and complex that you continue to discover how amazing they are as well.

My suggestion? Keep looking, you may find some NEW inside something OLD.

No comments: