Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Capable of much more

Last night I attended my 6 year-old's school program. He attends Washington School and it's a cool old brick school dating back over 100 years! This program was a patriotic celebration of our country. These kindergarten children learned the many famous songs and documents about our freedom as Americans. One little girl named all 50 states, another boy recited the preamble of the Declaration of Independence and my son spoke the preamble of the Constitution.

When he was assigned this difficult task, I didn't know what to think. "Domestic Tranquility" is not an easy phrase to pronounce or remember. I was amazed. All these children learned a tremendous amount, but why is that so amazing. CLEARLY THEY WERE CAPABLE OF MORE THAN I THOUGHT!

What about you and me? Has someone told us that "it can't be done" so we believe them? Do we just not try because we don't think it's possible? Perhaps we need to examine the messages we believe. Can a 40 year old run a marathon? Yes!!! It's hard work, but it can be done.

Be encouraged and rethink what you believe! Blessings today on you!

No comments: