Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Meeting people

I have been reading a great book on Marketing & Sales. It's called We: The Ideal Customer Relationship

There are many great parts to the book and it's a very pracitcal guide to Sales, etc, however, the best part for me was the section relating to "encounters". The author, Steve Yastrow, develops the idea about how we meet people. He goes to great length to discuss 1) preparing ourselves to meet and listen and talk with people. 2) He challenges me to "leave the moment" behind that I was just in, and take time to prepare for the next moment (meeting someone).

There is so much more, so read the book, but it begs this question for me. Do I take the time to PREPARE to meet people? Do I take time to PREPARE to listen to my spouse, children and those I contact everyday? Do I PREPARE for those I meet regarding work or is it just a job and they are just customers????

Hope we all learn to value people more!

No comments: