Monday, March 31, 2008

Bringing it home! Mountain biking at UCYC!

The group has been riding for about 4 years now, maybe more! I am riding my 4th bike, all purchased from Ebay! The purpose: to get my fat butt in shape, drop a few pounds (like 25) and perhaps add a few years to my life.

The first bike ride was an amazing adventure, but that story is better on another day! Suffice it say that I fell in love with riding, speed, crashing and the friends that would attempt the same stupid stuff!

After we began to ride, someone asked, "Hey, why can't we ride with the campers who attend UCYC?". Amazing! What a thought! So, we added mountain biking for the last 3 summers. Now, it's coming full circle and we are building a trail at camp. We began construction last week and have cleared about a 1/4 mile so far. Having ridden thousands of miles on dirt, it's fun to see it created and help set the direction.

Our trail is no "Dark Hallow" but it will be fun for students and adults, plus it should allow us to use it early in the morning before we head to work. When it's complete, I will let you know how it worked out!

No comments: