Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Routines

I get up early nearly every day! In order to make this a better experience for my wife, I lay out whatever workout clothes or morning clothes the night before. Last night it was some PJ bottoms and slippers plus mtn. bike shorts and two layers of shirts. It's 42 outside and I am going riding at 5:30!

Routines like this can be helpful! The are predictable behaviors that help us manage life, but sometimes they can be restrictive. For example, In the last month (March into April) it has been cold on a few mornings. I prepared for 35 degrees the night before and it is 25. I don't know if you have ever been running in 25 degree weather, but it is COLD.

I suppose, like everything else we face in life, flexibility is key. I can prepare (have a routine) but I must take into account other things that I did not plan and BE FLEXIBLE.

No comments: