Thursday, May 7, 2009

You see it, you own it

As we prepare camp for the summer, each day seems to pick up speed. We have staff all over the place getting recreation items ready. We are replacing and/or upgrading things everywhere. It's also the time we are trying to catch other unrelated items to the performance of summer camp.

You know the little things like an exposed pipe on the ground that just needs to be reburied or a pile of trash or logs sitting somewhere (okay, maybe your home or camp is much cleaner).

Here is my thought, we try to practice the concept that, "if you SEE it, you OWN IT". That means if you see the pipe then go bury it. If you see the pile of trash then go pick it up and dispose of it! This type of work matches my A.D.D. thinking, so I take out my phone and write down what I saw and make sure I take care of it.

This applies to physical property here, but it can easily apply to people. If you hear it from them, then you must follow that conversation through. You hear it, you own it!!!!

1 comment:

Kris Mengarelli said...

In Facebook terms...I like this.