Saturday, July 17, 2010

The men and their motorcycles

During my recent trip to Colorado, I had lots of time to think. It occurred to me that the bikes we like match much of our personality as men.

Dan: rides a 1300 sport touring bike. It's fast (very fast) and sporty, like Dan. He moves at a great pace in everything.

Terry: rides a 1800 Goldwing. It's dependable, has some quickness and overall speed. Take care of this bike and it will keep rolling for years...just like Terry. Sometimes I forget he is 68+ years old.

Matt: rides a 1700 Yamaha Warrior. It is SO LOUD and fast. It was described as a "drag bike" at the motorcycle dealership. Like Matt, it's loud and it's a blast. It's purpose in life is evident...go very fast and have fun! Sounds like Matt how works very hard and plays even harder.

Me: I rode a 1100 Honda Shadow. It's a true cruiser. I could roll easily at 80 down the interstate or relax the winding roads in CO. Like me, it just cruises through life.

No comments: