Friday, April 12, 2013

Boy Scouts


Sitting on a motorcycle for hours each day, I had plenty of time to think. Day 1 we covered nearly 500 miles arriving in Telluride, CO to camp for the night.

During that day I spent time just being grateful. Thinking through all the things that I was glad that happened in my life. I began with the earliest memories and worked forward.

It didn't take long to arrive at "Boy Scouts". I began at the earliest possible age and did not leave until I was 18 years old. I was one rank away from Eagle Scout (story of my life), but loved being involved.

Greatest lesson for me? Being in the Scouts helped forge me into being a hard working young man. Our troop was not driven by proper uniforms or lots of merit badges, rather we focused in on service and help to the community and scout camp.

I am grateful to have learned hard work, discipline and a love for the outdoors!

Think back over your life. What are you grateful for? Spend some significant time working backwards and discover all the twists and turns that your life has taken and how that has actually become a great part of your story today!

No comments: