Sunday, June 15, 2008

Making memories part 2


Simple acts like sitting on the fountain in a pool make great memories for kids and families. I was thinking this morning about all the different experiences that our family has enjoyed.

Just yesterday, we were in Southern California headed down to Newport Beach! Driving the Suburban onto the Balboa Island Ferry was fun. The kids sat outside for the quick boat ride across the bay and loved it! The older I get, the more I realize that it doesn't have to be expensive to be memorable. The secret seems to be looking for joy wherever you are!

2 comments:

The Girl in the Mirror said...

Aww I didn't know you were going to be in town. Next time you're down here and have a little time let us know, I'd love to meet you! Glad you had such a nice trip! Sounds like a great time!

Rebekah Wilson said...

I totally agree. It's funny how brief moments can be such a long lasting memory. And, of course, to capture it on film is even better :)