Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Acts 10:2-4

His name is Cornelius and his story is amazing.

He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!"

Cornelius stared at him in fear. "What is it, Lord?" he asked.

The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.

If an angel showed up at my house, that would be amazing enough, but if the report from this angel included reports that God has taken notice of "my prayers" and "my gifts to the poor", that would be too amazing for words.

While I do not worship angels, I recognize that if they show up it's something incredible. The reason this caught my eye is because Cornelius is being recognized for things that most followers of Christ would/should have been doing.

No comments: