Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Feeling like MEN!

Yesterday the camp rented a "chipper" for getting rid of some tree limbs that we had around the property. It was capable of consuming a 6 inch piece of wood. In other words, it was powerful! So the morning began with me and a few young men from our summer staff. As the morning continued the numbers grew of those willing to get a little dirty.

I found myself yelling when a huge piece went in the machine and came out like nothing. The other boys were having a great time like me, acting like kids but doing work at the same time. In the end here is what we have to show for our efforts.

Deaf in my left ear (should have used ear plugs), right wrist scratched up badly. Some cuts on my left left leg, lots of splinters in my hands and tree sap everywhere. While these were my battle wounds they are representative of each person working the chipper.

It was SO MUCH FUN! I love being a man!!!!

No comments: