Saturday, November 15, 2008

The morning after


Friday morning I underwent plastic surgery. It was an odd experience and you can see the results. I suppose there is only so much you can do with the subject...ME!

While I have made light of this whole ordeal, having cancer is not a laughing matter. I have been positive and rather unconcerned about having cancer. It's not fake, it's just what I have and what I am going to do about it!

When it's all said and done, I would rather loose an eyebrow with cancer than keep them both!

There are times in your life when you have a simple statement given. This morning it was my wife saying, "I'm grateful everyday I have with you". I know that life is a gift, my life is a gift! I recently found out that a long time friend lost his wife after only 8 years. It was devastation to consider, but all the more motivating to love Lori and these kids while I have time. Love those around you who matter as well. Who knows what life will bring!

3 comments:

Beth Shellhart said...

I couldn't look at the pictures of the day in between surgeries, but those stitches are... um I'm not sure what to say about them. I'm glad you didn't need a skin graph, just remember you have so many donors on camp willing to give to your cause!

Don Crane said...

You need to tell people that you were in a fight on the front lines next to angels fighting the spiritual battles for God's Kingdom....

It looks like it hurts, praying for you.
Don

Beth said...

We are praying for full and complete freedom from Cancer. And by the way -- you two and your children are just beautiful -- we miss you!