Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Simple Things are just that...Simple

I am not alarmed by having cancer. I have known since August and the doctors have not been overly concerned, so I have not. While it's cancer, it's just going to be removed and we continue on. The GOOD thing about having a "brush" with death is that it reminds you about what is really valuable.

Here is my short list of things that are very special...simple pleasures.
1. A kiss from Jordan (he's 4 years old)
2. Holding Austin on my lap (9 years)
3. Talking with Maddie about her friends and how cool my eye is to her! She can't wait to take pics.
4. Laying down with Lori and keeping warm under a blanket.
5. Holding Lori's hand.
6. Coffee with a friend.
7. A great discussion with friends or a belly laugh with them as well.

If you have been missing these simple things, I recommend you take some time right now and enjoy a few!

1 comment:

The Halls said...

oooo, a blog, how trendy of you! Well David.. you mentioned "belly laugh" as one of your favorite things... mine too! I'm pretty good at them. Speaking of belly laugh, Andy slipped on his pant leg and fell in the kitchen a couple days ago....and I laughed so hard I cried for like an hour.. Poor guy.. he has no idea what he married! Anyhoo.. thats a pretty sweet scar you are rockin now. I think it makes you look even more like a mountain man. You should tell everyone back in the midwest that a mountain lion attacked you while you were out on a 50 mile mountain bike ride =) You sir.. are still fabulous! Love ya!