Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Got tired of goofing this stuff up...so

Valentines Day is just around the corner. Normally, I would try to be creative and come up with something that would make my wife happy and feel loved. Because we speak different "love languages" I would often miss the mark and do something to HELP her, rather than LOVE her. You know, the classic, get an appliance for her (No, I didn't ever do that on Valentines Day...Christmas maybe, but never V Day).

Well, we have known each other for 20 years and been married 18+. It was time to make all this better so I asked Lori to write out a list for every holiday and general gift guidelines for any other time. It was a little crude, but MAN HAS IT PAID OFF!

I still get to be creative and give as I see fit, but to have solid directions has made things much better. Perhaps it's our age or time together, perhaps I am the last one to the party and your are thinking, "David, you are such an idiot for just now figuring this out". Whatever!

The point is asking and listening (writing it down) has revolutionized my ability to meet my wife's needs. Cool huh! Hope it helps you ask or if you are a woman, be gentle when you give the list. Although we are dumb, we can be hurt!

No comments: