Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Finishing a promise

Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick is my local representative in the US Congress. Having not met her I cannot comment on the type of woman she is. I have some friends down the street who enjoy her and the work she has done.

I have heard some of her ads on the radio and her list of accomplishments are good, however I will not be voting for her in November! REASON: health-care.

Our health-care system needed work, but this bill was so bad that I vowed to vote against anyone who supported it. Trying to be a man of my word, I will not be supporting Ann Kirkpatrick this fall.

Have you made promises like this? Perhaps you judge my promise as shallow, that's okay! I have one vote to cast and I am going to vote in the future, remembering that I was frustrated then and made this commitment to myself. While I don't have the same anger/frustration now, I made a promise then and I am going to finish what I started.

No comments: