Monday, September 20, 2010

What's the purpose for what God has given us?

At church this weekend we celebrated a time of worship. Not the music only, but the whole theme was WORSHIP. The band was a 3 piece and the put up a stage in the center of the room. All seats faced the middle and there were diagonal aisles running from the back to each corner of the stage.

Instead of the pastor speaking for a chunk of time, they used Elders from the body to cover different aspects of what it means to worship and after each we would sing more songs. It was a great time!

Eric Nelson asked the question that I put in the title. "What's the purpose for what God has given us?" Great question! It's the kind of thing that stops me in my tracks. It may mean nothing to you today, but I know that this is a fundamental question that we should be asking!

Why do I have the things I have? Why do I get to live with Lori (my wife)? Why do I get to be the father of 3 great (not perfect) kids? Why do I live in America? Why do I get to be rich when compared to the World? What does God want me to do with all He has given to me?

Answer these types of questions to ensure you are on the right path, or you may find a new path unfolding as you consider all that you have been entrusted. Even that bad stuff is good when we trust God.

Eric told of a friend who had cancer that killed him 2 years later. At his diagnosis he said, "this is the biggest thing God has ever entrusted to me". Wow. I am speechless about his understanding. What's the purpose for what God has given to YOU? Enjoy the thoughts, I hope they help you today!

No comments: