Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Verbal traditions

I have a friend who is a flight instructor (Tye). He has recently returned to a former job teaching young people to fly. Currently he is going through the re-certification process with a concept called "Check Ride". Basically a pilot with greater certification watches you operate the aircraft and "Checks" that you can do it correctly.

This reminds of the the verbal tradition of stories. I was discussing with Jordan his birth as we drove by the Hospital where he was born. I was telling him about how special he was and how we felt that day. I want to make sure my kids, my wife and friends know the stories and can retell them for the future.

This is the way that Jesus set up the Gospel to spread and the way that we can more intimately share life with those around us. Consider a "check ride" for you stories of family and life. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: