Sunday, June 27, 2010

Being lifted up

I had this cool picture of getting lifted up yesterday. Jordan (5 years old) and I were hiking a trail at camp. He is wearing flip flops and I have running shoes. It's a hot afternoon walk on this trail with boulders and loose gravel.

We made it up to the top and were heading back down. We were talking and looking at lizards and listening to birds. It was great. We come to a short uphill section with step stones on the left and the smooth rock face on the right. Jordan chose the rock face and I thought he would slip...he did.

Anticipating his problem I moved closer and reached out from just as his feet gave way. I was able to place my hand under his arm and keep him moving. It was nothing big, except that it saved a scraped knee or greater injury.

It made me think how many times has God caught me. I did not think of it as much, but it likely saved me from LOTS OF PAIN. Thank you God for having my good in your mind and protecting me. Jordan said thanks and the hike continued, but I wanted to capture that moment for you.

Hope it helps with your day.

No comments: