Monday, June 21, 2010

Honored for being a Dad

Yesterday was Father's Day. Let me just wish all the dad's a "Happy Father's Day", and for the first time in a long time, I actually saw some ads praising dads. You know, it's rare in our culture for fathers to be praised. They are normally made into idiots on TV & movies. Well, as a dad, I am not always an idiot. I take my role seriously and work hard to provide a home for my family, plus I invest in my wife and kids relationally and practically through training, etc.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about how my kids honored me. They planned with mom about how to "love me" in my own language, so they each gave me coupons for service. I default to serving as a way to show love and they met my love language with acts of service for me! Thanks kids for loving your dad. Without you, I would just be husband to Lori. Thanks for making my life more complete!

No comments: