Monday, June 14, 2010

Developing Faith

Saturday night I went to Heights Church. Austin went into the main service with me and after the music, he was dismissed attend the Middle/High School class. When the service was over, Austin began talking about his experience. Last week he attended and was bored and did not get "it". This week was very different. Austin began to talk about the discussion.

The students were discussing if they ever doubt their faith. As Austin began to process the questions, he publicly asked, "How can God be everywhere at once? How can He be in all of us at the same time?" That question was music to my ears.

I don't have an answer, because God's ways are way beyond my understanding. As a parent I could not be more thrilled that Austin is beginning to grasp his own faith. He has moved from an elementary understanding to a faith of a young man actually trying to follow Christ. Keep it up Buddy!!!!

No comments: