Thursday, March 12, 2009

Always there...

I was thinking about my brother Chuck this morning. Back when I was in College my grandparents sold their home and moved to my hometown toward the end of their life. Grandpa was on 24 hour oxygen, and seemed to be making it work.

The big fear came during thunderstorms (good thing Oklahoma has so few). If the power went off during the night, my grandfather was frightened because he would loose his oxygen. Enter Chuck! He proved his character over and over by BEING THERE...ALWAYS BEING THERE!

So I write this blog entry to honor him and to remind myself and all around me that sometimes the best thing we can do is JUST BE THERE! Don't ever underestimate the power of your presence even if you don't have answers. Sitting is silence is sometimes the best thing you could ever do!

No comments: