Tuesday, March 17, 2009

going home

We flew into Springfield, MO last night and drove 90 minutes to my hometown! Miami, OK and crashed at my parents house. What am I saying? It's not just my parents house, it's my "home".

Although I have not lived at this house since 1986, there is part of this place that makes it my HOME. For some of you the thought of home is not a good one, but I think the good and the bad that sometimes comes along with the place you grow up is blown away with the amount of memories that help make you into the person you are today.

I was out running this morning and seeing familiar sites reminded me of the friends, school and other memories that are part of the fabric of my life. It was great to think about those people who helped make me into the man I am today. In a word...THANKS. Too my peers, thanks for caring for a goofy afro headed kid. Too the adults in my life, thanks for seeing past acne and hormones into something that you would want to invest in.

While my life is not perfect and certainly my past is riddled with mistakes, I hope to repay all of your kindness by continuing to invest in those younger than me now in my life. Perhaps "home" for someone else can be as rich as mine is!

No comments: