Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Parenting and Politics

I have been struggling trying to combine different world views that I see in America today. Some of my friends who support President Obama, act the opposite of His policies in their personal life. Let me explain what I observe.

From a parenting perspective, my friends DON'T raise their children to be dependant upon the family, to never try or teach them to settle for less. NO! Parents inspire their children to do something with their life that makes a difference. They are brought up to be successful in our world. Children are taught to move out, make a difference, contribute to others.

This mentality seems opposite of what is being promoted at a core level in our political leaders. We like Obama, so we elect him, but his worldview is the opposite of what we teach. How can this be?

From a family finance perspective, my friends don't practice what government is promoting. It is insane for a family to say, "well, we don't make enough money to survive, so let's borrow more than we could ever repay and spend like crazy".

Whether you agree with me or not, you understand that we all have a responsibility to help protect the country we love and those in our direct care. I just want to point out the crazy dichotomy of supporting those whose agenda really is the opposite of what we practice, and we alone have to make choices to promote what we as Americans believe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, are you saying that if we want something, but don't have the money to pay, then we shouldn't get it?

Shouldn't we just buy it and hope that we get the money later?

Sorry (sort of). I have these lines in my head from a silly Steve Martin SNL piece that's circulating...

http://www.christianpf.com/dont-buy-stuff-you-cant-afford-a-psa-from-snl/