Saturday, March 21, 2009

A day at the pond!

Here we are fishing! Jordan, at 4 years old caught his first fish and then proceeded to catch a total of 6 fish. Of course, he caught more than I did.

The fish in this pond were amazing. They would strike at your bait nearly every time it was cast! Mostly perch or sunfish!

Thank you Grigsby's for allowing us to fish that pond. It was amazing! Here is a brief description of how the day unfolded.

In all, 13 Coyne's and 1 Grisby made it out to fish on a windy day near Welch, Oklahoma.
Chuck and Eli went first in Chuck's truck. An hour later a convoy of 4 additional vehicles left following my dad (driving at 50mph top speed) left. In all there were 17 seats occupied by 11 people.

We went to the Grigsby's to pick up Katy and the John Deere Gator. This required another truck and trailer to haul it. I doubt US Military operations have a more difficult coordination exercises! It was hilarious.

The above picture shows Jordan's big fish... Here is my first catch! No, it's not bait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how many childhood memories I have of fishing with my parents. There is only one restaurant in San Diego that has perch, and I try to get there at least once a year for a treat. What great memories you are giving your son!