Wednesday, December 10, 2008

13 years

Today is my oldest child's 13th birthday! It's a great milestone for the Coyne household and for me as well. Today, I become a dad for 13 years. When my wife reminded me of that this morning, it made me smile.

I love being a dad! I love teaching and leading these children in our care. While we take this responsibility very seriously, we also remember that these three children; Maddie, Austin and Jordan are on loan to us. They have always been a gift from God and we will treat them as such!

Today we celebrate Maddie turning 13 and she is amazing! She is so much like her mother and that makes her even better (in my opinion)! She is kind, hard working in school, driven to do well, she loves people and communicates well. She loves people, the environment and animals!

If you think of it today, say a prayer from my Maddie. Ask God to help her continue to become an amazing woman who will make a difference in this world, or even better encourage a child around you with the same prayer and support.

No comments: