Monday, December 15, 2008

A long run

Yesterday afternoon Greg and I want out the Peavine Trail to continue the training for our first marathon! The schedule called for 19 miles. Bottom line...it was going to be ugly!

The temperature was about 37 degrees and breezy. Over the next 3 hours it did not get any warmer and the wind was difficult to deal with. We both survived the day with Greg finishing all 19 miles and I made 18!

I was reminded about taking on big challenges in life! During the run I had an option to bail out and only run 14. It sounded good, but I kept my mouth shut and just kept going with Greg taking the lead! By the end of the day, we had each gone farther then ever before. While I did not complete my goal, it was great to achieve something more than I have ever done before.

No comments: