Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good or Bad, it's always good!

I was talking with an old friend yesterday about working with students. We were discussing the power of friendships and community in the context of following Jesus.

It reminded me that during a youth trip that anything good or bad that happens is always a "good" memory for the group. For example, the church van breaks down and you spend hours at a "Loves Travel Center"! This is always a good memory for the group because YOU ARE TOGETHER! It may be inconvenient, it may be bad timing, but in this life all good and bad things like that become good for the community.

The trick is beginning to see the benefit of circumstances not dictating your experience, but learning to see the value in the people you are with! On a personal level, my greatest failures have had the largest benefit on me and my community! I hope you see it the same way! God's view of what is good and bad is very different than ours! So, travel together in life, see whatever comes your way as a good thing and you will find your path to be better than ever.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I remember the time the bus broke down on WHAT tour and we hung out at the gas station for hours!! That was your first summer I think.