Monday, February 9, 2009

Speaking the important things!

A friend of mine recently commented on how I speak to my wife. Mostly it was how I write about her in public places like this blog or facebook. Well, here is my keen insight! Ready?

Take time to speak and write the "important things in life". I make it a regular habit to write cards and notes to Lori, Maddie and Austin. In a few years I will add Jordan to that list. I write about things I am proud of! I express my love and support. I try to encourage character in my children and affirm my wife!

What about you? Do you take time to write and speak the things that are truly important to those you love? Husbands- make sure you figure out how to express yourself to you wife. Dads- get it in writing so your kids can read how you feel! Big or small, it all makes a difference so begin with a post-it!

3 comments:

rbnewton said...

Great insight David! Over the years I've noticed how you encourage not only your family but everyone around you.

Anonymous said...

Amen!! The world NEEDS more husbands and fathers like you!

Anonymous said...

thank you David for this! I feel that lately I have been taught a good lesson in this..and I have been touched by three words.......
Don't waste time.

Don't waste time saying thank you, I love you, you're the bomb..whatever....

:-)