Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just another step in the journey

You know there seems to be a common thread in my experiences over the past few days. From conversations with friends and family to putting a dent into a friends car. All seem to be "part of the NORMAL life".

My sister lost her house and has to move home and there is nothing I can about it. NOT FUN! I have to fix the dent or pay to have it repaired over a stupid mistake. Ironically, I actually pay careful attention while driving BUT...oh well! I talk with friends and have heartbreak or anger over the conversation. There is sickness, both minor and major, for those in my life.

To sum it up, it's just part of being human! As a Christ follower, I am not insulated in any way from normal life issues that come up. However, I can take heart that someone bigger than me is willing to walk along during my journey. Could you be that person for someone else today? Would you be willing to act like Jesus for someone else? Perhaps you don't even care about Jesus, but would you give yourself to aid others in the life?

Imagine the difference it would make if we all cared more about the people in our life!

No comments: