Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brand "YOU"

I took my 5 year old to Sonic for popcorn Chicken the other day. On the way home he was asking what this word was, "S...O...N..." I replied, "Sonic". He was asking why the word Sonic was on this toy that came with his Whacky Pack? I explained that Sonic wants you to think about them, their food and come purchase again.

Later I was thinking about my brand or our brand as people. What do we "advertise" on ourselves? As a Christian I believe the name of Jesus is stamped on my life, but I wonder if people see it? What kind of person am I really? Is what I claim to be about really what I am about?

My words (which I use a lot) may say one thing, but my actions can prove otherwise. So as I explore more about Brand "ME", will you think about Brand "YOU"?

Hopefully at the end of this life, people will say with certainty that David Coyne was about following Jesus Christ, loving his wife and children, trying to make a difference in the lives of people. He loved to serve, play and sing. He loved the outdoors (running & biking) and most of all, he WAS who he proclaimed to be!

No comments: