Friday, April 9, 2010

Capable of much more

On Wednesday our entire staff rented Jeeps in Sedona, AZ. My group of 4 was in four-door Wrangler called "Clara" and aside from Chris Holohan, none of us had driven off-road like this!

Seems like this was the scene over and over. One of us would be driving up to a large boulder and slow down. As the wheels rolled forward and touched the rocks, a little "throttle" and Clara would climb straight up and over without any trouble. As we talked, we became aware that our fear was unfounded because the Jeep was capable of so much more than we knew. That same concept reminds me of my Faith.

Jesus said our faith is capable of much more, listen to His words in John 14:12, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Perhaps we need to take our Faith out and try something larger or more daring? Jesus said our Faith is very powerful, yet we use it like many people who drive their Jeeps only on pavement. It's time to go big with our Faith!

No comments: