Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A little help from my spouse

This is hilarious picture of Lori and I. I had skin cancer in my left eyebrow and lost most of the hair of that same eyebrow. This picture is Lori's attempt to "loan" me some hair. Just writing it down makes me laugh!

The point of showing you this pic is that it illustrates a deep truth found in Ephesians 5:21-33. The whole section is a discussion about the relationships of husbands and wives. The best work I have seen on this topic comes from "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs. (Great book and seminar).

Verse 21 is the story behind this picture. It says that husbands and wives should SUBMIT to each other. Another way of stating is, "I will give or give up whatever I should to benefit my spouse". In this case, it's a humorous look at Lori giving me some extra hair to cover up my imperfections.

Perhaps we, as married people, would do better if we sought the benefit of our spouse first! Enjoy your day and I hope the picture makes you laugh...It does for me.

2 comments:

Scott Rosa said...

She should COMPLETELY cover your face THAT would look better!
Enjoy your posts, keep em coming.

David Coyne said...

Thanks Scott, you know I feel the same way about you! LOL