Saturday, April 3, 2010

Take it all in

There are times in life where we have this rare chance to do something really BIG.

For me I had a chance to visit Grand Canyon with my son's 5th grade class. The Nat'l Parks department has a school curriculum based on the theories of how Grand Canyon formed. We looked at fossils, hiked around the South Rim and discovered the layers of rock formations on the mile of exposed vertical rock.

Now, back to the BIG thing. While the Grand Canyon is hard to describe, that was not the really BIG event I am speaking about. For me, it was this once in a lifetime chance to be with my son. Later in life I can go back to Grand Canyon, but I can never have Austin as a 5th grader again.

My encouragement today is to grab these moments in life because they are gone too quickly...Drink them all in!

No comments: