Sunday, April 4, 2010

I want to be "The Batman"

We rented Lego Batman for Wii for the past week. Austin and Jordan have been playing a lot during that time. When they play together, Austin (11 years) ends up being Batman and Jordan is forced to play as Robin or someone else.

It was Saturday morning and Jordan declares, "I want to the Batman". I laughed because Batman is the cool character in the game, he is the #1 player and at 5 years old my son already desires to be in charge or #1 over others. No one taught him this it comes to all people naturally. Unfortunately not everyone can be in first chair, the leader or #1 player. We each must play the role that we are made to play.

Consider your gifts and passions, your strengths and weaknesses and play the role you are created to play. In the end, you may be "Batman", but mostly likely you will be "Robin" just like me and play a unique role in your family, organization or life. Have fun!!!!

No comments: