Friday, April 23, 2010

Two options that WE have, what about our leaders?

Budgets are managed in my household, likely yours as well in two ways. 1) Make more money, 2) Reduce our spending. If you are having trouble in this area, my family went through a Dave Ramsey seminar a few years ago and it changed everything.

Since most us are on a "fixed" income, meaning that we are not in jobs that have incentives, we are forced to work on item number 2- Reducing our spending. One of the the best parts of going through the Ramsey Financial Peace University was how we learned to live on less.

In Arizona, we are facing huge losses in our educational system unless a 3 year sales tax is passed. I hate more taxes, but I can't imagine loosing so many parts of my children's education. So, it might need to happen. However, I am more passionate about REDUCING OUR SPENDING. That's my frustration with our Government leaders who are not really making hard cuts in spending.

In my family, we made hard choices and gave away some things we enjoyed in order to get out of debt. It's time for our National leaders to do the same.

No comments: