Monday, January 5, 2009

Enoughness!


I was reading my Bible this morning and challenged in the area of contentment. Specifically I am reading "Solo" which is a great Bible to use for personal time. It's basically a Bible with small portions for each day and then the opposite page has questions or background to help get the most from what you are reading.

So, this morning it was telling the story about the Isrealite people were complaining about being hungry while living in the desert! God heard the people's complaints and provided Quail and bread. For me, it was a quite cold morning to sit in my warm house and begin to see what I complain about NOT HAVING, when I need to see all that I DO HAVE!

I love my home, our vehicles are paid for and work well. We don't have debt and actually have some money saved. I love the place I work and my families health is great! These are the big things, but when I took time to get down to smaller items, I could really see how my "contentment" is based on wanting more and getting it!

Today I will try again to love what I have and not what I don't! Join me.

No comments: