Thursday, January 8, 2009

National Championship


Tonight is the night! Florida vs. Oklahoma in the College football championship! Since I grew up in Oklahoma, I have always been a fan! Tonight I am going on record as supporting Oklahoma and seeing what happens! If we loose, I will be bummed out! I will celebrate with a victory.

Funny thing about being a fan is: if I watch, cheer, get happy/sad and don't even tune in to see the game AT ALL, it has NO IMPACT on the outcome! Reason: I AM NOT PLAYING THE GAME! I will get harassed if we loose and congratulated if we win, but I am just a spectator.

Personally, I like cheering more for things that I have something to do with the outcome. How about you? Are you a spectator or a player? Are you associated with "winners" but are not really winning anything. Even better, are you associated with "losers" but really have nothing to do with the loss?

Let's concentrate on the areas where our participation really makes a difference, like investing in the people around us!!!!

No comments: