Monday, January 19, 2009

Unique Fraternity

Yesterday, I completed my first marathon. P.F. Chang's Rock n Roll Marathon in Phoenix hosted 35,000 runners and over 6,000 of those completed the marathon. So, I was one of 6,000 people to accomplish this task yesterday! Doesn't sound very impressive and honestly, it is a race against yourself more than any other I know!

Later, I was speaking with my mom and she said, "David, I only know 3 people who have done a marathon, and I know lots of people". Perhaps completing a marathon is a significant event!

It makes me wonder what YOU are capable of accomplishing? You may not ever choose to run 26.2 miles, but you CAN CHOOSE something else that's a huge goal and accomplish it. During my race, I was passed by people older and younger, some were very skinny and others you wonder how they made it with their size. All I know is that you can accomplish far more than you might think. Go for it!!!!

Marathon completed: 4 hours 12 minutes 27 seconds!

No comments: