Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's finally here!

After 3 months of specific training and many other days riding and running, I am 1 day away from my first marathon! It has been a great process getting to this event. The mental training has the greatest long term benefits, but learning about what it takes to complete something like this is a real test of determination...perhaps I have enough!

I have learned about having the right shoes. I have learned about nutrition and eating while running instead of running on a empty stomach! I have learned "hot spots" on your feet and other parts that rub (ouch)! I have mostly learned about "finishing" and the power of moving forward!

If you ever undertake something like a marathon, I pray that you will finish strong and gain from the experience. I believe that going through training like this makes you a better person, so take it all in!

No comments: